Walk It Out was designed specifically to help those who may be struggling with health issues or obesity to enter the world of walking/ running events! Training and preparing for walking/ running events alone can drastically improve efforts toward losing weight as well as enhance mental and physical health. Below are some immediate steps that you can take to help you prepare for your journey!
1. Become a Member of our Accountability Groups
Need help being held accountable???
Don't worry, we all do! Our Accountability Groups not only assist with holding you accountable to your walking regimens, but if you are looking to lose weight or improve your overall health, it is the perfect solution!
Daily Reports are expected to maintain the integrity of each group and ensure the overall success of the participating members. Once you have enrolled, you will meet with your assigned Health & Wellness Coach who will customize a program specifically for you based on your Accountability Group Assessment.
2. Secure Good Walking Shoes
It may take time to prepare your body and mind for walking events. However; your feet must be prepared immediately! Therefore, it is imperative that you have a really good, comfortable pair of walking shoes to minimize the wear and tear on your feet as you begin this journey. Of course there are various brands and styles, but comfort and durability are far more important than looks. Take your time and reach out to professionals in the industry to help you with your selection.
3. Choose an Ability Group and Review Your Walking Regimen
Requires Enrollment into Accountability Groups
* On medications
* Pain in Joints
* Difficulty walking long distances
* Difficulty climbing stairs
* Desire to Lose 50lbs or more
* High Blood Pressure
* High Cholesterol
* Difficulty Breathing during Exercise
* Never been athletic
* Unsure of where to begin
* Can walk a mile with no problems
* Go to the gym sporadically
* No pain in joints
* Currently have a workout routine
* Fairly Fit just difficult to lose weight
* Want to lose in certain areas
* Fit, just new to walking events
* Completed 5k, 10k or Mini (13 mile)
* Fit/In Shape
* Exercise Regularly
* Hit plateau and need help overcoming
* Can't lose in certain areas
* Just love walking/ running
* Want to help/ encourage others
4. Attend FIT WALKS According to your Ability Group
When preparing to walk longer distances, it's imperative to use GRADUALISM!
It is important that you work your way up to larger walking/running events. We intend on taking 1500 new walkers in 2024 to the Indy 500 Mini-Marathon (13.1 miles). However; you must prepare. If this is your first time walking in events like this, you should have a minimum of 5-6 walking events under your belt BEFORE attempting a 13.1 mile race. Our Accountability Groups can more than prepare you if you wish to join us!
The Indy 500 Mini-Marathon attracts nearly 20,000 participants from all over the world each year. We plan to take 1500 more on May 4th, 2024!